Little Italy

I was trolling outside of the lunchysphere early this morning and was reminded of those nasty Lunchables pizza packages. Now, I know it's Saturday, but I made a lunch anyways. I wanted to be sure that the girls liked it before I sent it to school with them so they wouldn't starve. Thanks to Biting The Hand That Feeds You and MOMables for the inspiration.

Welcome to my Little Italy...it's so far from the real Italy, and I'm in no way Italian...unless you count the fact that my stepmother is half Italian and she basically raised me from adolescence. So, maybe I am a little Italian by osmosis.  That's highly questionable...the crazy Irish genes seem to be dominant in me.  Dang it.



I didn't have any other bread on hand, and I have two loaves of wheat bread to go through before I can attempt to make some potato bread (geez, I am Irish) so I used that.  I cut the crusts off, rolled it a little with a rolling pin and then quartered it.  There's marinara sauce and salami disks in the Mini Dippers, olives and shredded mozzarella cheese and a strawberry cereal bar as a treat.






2 comments:

  1. Love your lunch, Erin! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Love yours too! It's amazing how we all can do such different things with the same themes ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...