feeling a little Christmas cheer...

It's been a little while since I've actually written a blog post.  I've been hiding out on my Facebook page: Click the image below to go visit and LIKE it!  Special thanks to Beth over at www.aboyandhislunch.com for the logo and web design!  She did a great job, don't you think?


The Bento Bloggers and Friends group has gotten quite large and hops were huge and overwhelming to go through, so we divided it up this time and are adding a linky party as well. This is the second week of the Holiday Ho Ho Hop and it's sure to be just as awesome as last week!  When you're done with feeling lunchy, click the hop button below and head on over to My Epicurean Adventures for more holiday fun.



I asked my 9 year old what she wanted for this lunch and she replied fairy bread!  Fairy bread is really simple...it's so simple, I feel like I'm questioning your intelligence when I write the instructions below.

You will need:
  • 2 slices of bread
  • 1 cookie cutter
  • Peanut butter, Nutella or some other sort of sticky spread
  • Sprinkles or we used Jet Puffed Mallow Bits (they're like the crunchy marshmallows in hot chocolate packets and they're amazing! they can be found where the marshmallows are in the grocery store)
Take one slice of bread and smear it with your sticky stuff.  Take the other slice and use your cookie cutter, cutting out a shape in the middle.  Place the cut slice on top of the peanut butter slice and fill the hole with sprinkles.  Be sure to lightly press the sprinkles into the peanut butter so they don't fall out when the lunch is brought to school.  We had a little mustache flair that we added to our gingerbread man.  You don't eat the mustache...never eat. The mustache.

She has her fairy sandwich, tomatoes, Snap Pea Crisps and a homemade ginger bread cookie.  It was her idea to cut the center out of the cookie, too.

The Miniwoman has a simpler lunch of course, since she's too cool for fun lunches...she has an orange, some tropical trail mix, a gingerbread cookie and her sandwich is just like the Wild Childs, peanut butter and crunchy marshmallows, but you'd lever know that because we hid all the fun inside!

Hope you enjoyed the lunches!  Have fun on your hop.

18 comments:

  1. Love love love!!! These are awesome! Also I somehow missed your amazing mustache make-over! TOO cute! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so cute! *I'M* not too cool for fun lunches! You can come make one for me anytime :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is super cute. I haven't been here since you redesigned. Cute lunches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great lunches, Erin! Those Gingerbread cookies look super yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute lunches, I love them and want some cookies now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! I knew I would find a mustache here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cookie decorations! Great lunches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute.. the mustache touch rocks! So jealous of your gingerbread skills, having just posted about not being able to make it myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The blog looks great! AND so do the lunches! Nice job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha love the lil moustache! What is it made of? Great looking cookies too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a rubber cup marker, you know the ones that suction cup to your glass?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great lunches! That crunch in the sammies sounds fun! I love mixing textures!

    Eeeeeat the mustaaaache! http://wizzley.com/mustache-cakes-cookies/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute! I love that you used the jet puffed marshmallows in your fairy bread!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun lunch! Love your new web design as well. Would have to make a fairy lunch for my little girl. SO many ideas on this hop!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...