Lunchy has died and gone to heaven. Please leave a message at the beep.







Someone at Trader Joe's must have sold their soul for us to have Speculoos Cookie Butter. It's amazing. Fattening. Full of sugar. And honestly, to die for. If there ever is a shortage, I'm pretty sure I'd sell one of my children for one more spoonful. Well, maybe not, but the imagery is funny. So, I'm going to be making some lunches with this jar of awesomeness. I can't decide what to make.

It's been a few hours...you wouldn't know that because you've just been reading along...but trust me.  I spent the last two hours reading the new JK Rowling book for adults, The Casual Vacancy, and so far it's pretty good.  But I'd bet you're looking for something delicious made from that cookie butter, aren't you? Well, my brain hamster decided that it would make the No-Bake Energy Balls that I made a few weeks ago from Gimme Some Oven's post but substitute the peanut butter for cookie butter.  My brain hamster is a genius.  A fluffy, fat, adorable, cookie butter filled genius.  He's taking his MENSA test next week...wish him luck.

I adapted the recipe somewhat since ground flax seed, coconut flakes and wheat germ do not
exist in the Lunchysphere. I guess now they're not so much energy balls anymore, but rather a
fantastic delivery device for more cookie butter.



Ingredients:




  • 1 cup (dry) oatmeal (I used old-fashioned oats)
  • 1/2 cup cookie butter!
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 2 pinches of kosher salt
  • 1 tsp. vanilla


Method:
Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed.  Let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.  Once chilled,

 roll into balls of whatever size you would like.  Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week if they survive that long.
Makes about 20-25 balls.





They're a bit sweet...ok, well, more like rot your teeth sweet...but superb and heavenly!

Thanks, Gimme Some Oven.  Thanks, Trader Joes. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...