Laundry Avoidance 101

Welcome to Laundry Avoidance 101.  I will be your instructor today, just call me Lunchy.  First, you'll want to spend a good deal of time trolling through the bento blogs and instagrams.  Then, you'll need to think for a little while about what you have on hand to make an Angry Birds lunch.  Get an Exacto-Knife, a food marker, some cookie cutters, boil some eggs and start chopping away at that babybel cheese and lettuce.


Basically it's just an open faced ham sandwich, with lettuce and cheese eyes, raisins for the nostrils, a cup of hummus (the homemade crockpot one on my Facebook page) with almonds and carrot eyes, a babybel hacked into a bird with a carrot beak, pretzels (they're the stick houses, can't you tell?) and a hard boiled egg that didn't mold properly.  A lot of the Bento Bloggers and Friends have done an Angry Birds lunch, I simply hijacked their ideas for inspiration. Obento Momma! has a great link page with a ton of them posted...Check it out HERE.  Didn't know there were so many Angry Bird lunches out there, did you?

So, in avoiding the laundry, you've now trashed the kitchen.  Better go clean that up...delaying the dreaded laundry even further.  See how this works?  Class dismissed.

One more laundry avoidance technique:  Win a $5 Starbucks card from me and head on over to your local Starbucks for a cup of coffee!  Enter $5 Starbucks Card Giveaway HERE.




4 comments:

  1. my question is whether the lunches make it to the kid's lunchtime intact? Awful lot of work to be shaken up in their backpack. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the time, they actually do, even this one...after I took the picture, I slapped a slice of bread on top to keep it all in place. I don't usually go all out like I did on this one and a few others this week...but I've been off of work and looking for stuff to do ;)

      Delete
  2. I have a little boy who has been BEGGING for an Angry Birds lunch for weeks ... I need to get over my fear and just attempt it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel, it was really easy, I swear! Everything is round! That helps a lot! Post your angry birds lunch on my Facebook page when you've done it. I'd love to see it! Www.facebook.com/feelingalittlelunchy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...