feeling a little banana buttery



I posted the question: Can anyone think of something other than banana bread to make with 3 overripe bananas? to my www.bentobloggersandfriends.blogspot.com and they all came back with some pretty good ideas!
I decided to go with banana butter, which I ended up finding on a rather old looking web page through Google.  The original recipe can be found here: http://www.hugs.org/Banana_Butter.shtml

This is my adapted recipe...as I only had 3 bananas and no pumpkin pie spice...

Banana Butter
3 lg Bananas; ripe and sliced
3 tb Lemon juice
1 1/2 c Sugar
1 ts cinnamon

Process bananas and lemon juice until smooth; (i did this all in my saucepan...super lazy!)
transfer to a saucepan. Stir in sugar and spice;
bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring,
15 minutes. Serve on toast, etc. Store in
refrigerator.



My little lunchys are sick today...so a little warm banana butter on some mini bagels was just enough.

Bento Lunch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...