feeling a little fishy


I made a quick and easy fish florentine bake for dinner. While it was absolutely delicious, I'm quickly learning that as I get older, there are some things I used to thoroughly enjoy to eat that are now causing some allergy symptoms. I've been avoiding shellfish for about 8 years now, since I was stuck for three extra days down in Florida hugging the toilet. Tuna and other fish had not caused any problems until I ate this meal. My sinuses got all stuffy and my throat swelled a little. Not enough to cause it to be hard to breathe, but enough to make me realize that I MUST go get tested for allergies so I know exactly what to avoid. Regardless, I'm sharing this great recipe with you. It was simple and delicious and I might make it again...with chicken. 

Easy Fish Florentine Bake

2 pounds of fish filets (I used frozen flounder, didn't even thaw it.)
Salt and pepper or even some Old Bay would be great
1 box thawed chopped spinach
2 cups Bisquick
1 cup milk
2 eggs
1/4 cup grated parmesean cheese (optional)

Set oven to 350. Arrange fish filets in a greased baking dish. Season with salt and pepper or Old Bay. Spread the chopped spinach over the top of the filets. In a separate bowl, use a fork to whisk the bisquick, milk, eggs and parmesean cheese together. Pour mixture over top of spinach and fish. Bake for about 40 minutes until the bisquick is golden brown. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...