feeling a little waffley...waffly? I'm just making up words here...

Who says you can't use your waffle iron for things other than waffles? I've seen some brownies done with a waffle maker on Pinterest. I've even seen some canned cinnamon rolls...which I have tried and they're awwwwwsome! I've pinned them on my Pinterest page under "foodies" but I'm sure a ton of people have done them. I don't know if anyone has ever waffled a quesadilla, but it is probably not an innovative idea. There's even a whole blog dedicated to alternative waffle iron uses:
http://www.waffleizer.com/

Today I whipped that bad boy out and stuck some quesadillas in it. Much to my pleasure, they turned out great! I'm pretty sure that I will be doing this whenever we want quesadillas from now on. Although...I hate cleaning my waffle iron. Hmmm...the dilemma.

The wild child has some waffled quesadillas with tomatoes, simple lettuce, ranch dressing and some smoked almonds in her Easylunchboxes. Since much of north Georgia is under tornado watches and we are having a ton of rain, I stuck some nautical picks in there. I keep thinking "We're gonna need a bigger boat."




Bento Lunch

4 comments:

  1. Waffle iron quesadillas??? How creative! I love the waffle marks on these. Thank you for linking to 15 Minute Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I feel like a turd, when I made that waffle iron pizzadilla on my blog I didn't even realize/ remember you had done this Erin! Fabulous!! (Adding link to my post now!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's ok Keeley! That's one of those ideas of the masses, I'm sure. Thanks for the link though!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...